Moreish Bread Pudding Cake
Who said breakfast can’t be sinful? Try this recipe for a mouth-watering morning.
- Stale Moreish bread: 300 gm
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 6 tbsp
- Egg: 1
- Whole milk: 500ml
- Hazelnuts and almonds: handful and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the bread into a large bowl after crumbling it.
- Pour hot boiled milk over the bread. Leave it too cool and soak.
- Next mash the milk-soaked bread with a fork.
- Add the beaten egg, sifted cocoa powder, sugar, almonds, and hazelnuts to it and mix properly.
- Take a round cake tin; grease it with butter and dust with sugar and breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Shower with sugar. Add a few butter slivers.
- Bake for 40 mins and it becomes crisp on the surface and yet moist inside.
- Remove it from the cake tin once it cools.
- Your Moreish bread pudding cake is ready to serve.